ITA CHAMPIONSHIP COORDINATOR & MEMBER PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Championship Coordinator & Member Program Administrator.
Championship Coordinator & Member Program Administrator responsibilities to include:
• Oversee and administer, from start to finish, select ITA Small College National & Regional Championships. Duties shall include but are not limited to:
o Pre-event Tournament and Host Site Logistics
o Player/Team Entry, Selections, & Seeding
o On-site Tournament Administration
o Post-event Administration
o Event budget planning and reconciliation
• Assist ITA Director of Championships with select day-to-day operations of the Championships Department, including, but not limited to:
o Communication with tournament directors, referees, hosts, sponsors, and ITA member coaches.
o General department administrative tasks
• Manage ITA Membership database
o Generate membership reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Annual, ad hoc) for ITA Leadership
o Work with database provider on managing and improving membership database interface
o Serve as the point person for ITA member general communication
• Oversee ITA Coaches Scorebook Design, Production, and Shipping
• Assist with ITA Coaches Governance: Divisional Operating Committees, Operating Council, Rules Committee, Ethics & Infractions Committee
o Meeting & Call Organization
o Committee Appointment/Election Administration
• Administer ITA Coaching Education Programming
o ITA Coaching Education Webinars
o ITA Coaches Convention Programming
o Other programming as requested
• Provide additional support to team-based efforts as directed.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of sport management experience
• Strong understanding of college tennis required; experience with DII, DIII, NAIA, and Junior College Tennis preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
• Familiarity with Google Applications
• Tournament administrative experience and work experience in using Tournament Management Software preferred.
• Applicant should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects, be comfortable working in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Position is dual report position. Employee will report to the ITA Director of Championships and the ITA Chief Operating Officer and be based at ITA headquarters in Tempe, AZ.
• Position will require moderate travel throughout the year for championships and events.
• Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits.
Applicants are required to send a cover letter and resume (including the contact information for a minimum of three references) to Mary Edman firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Date: April 16, 2018
Start date: July 9, 2018
Application deadline: Open until filled
ITA: As the governing body of collegiate tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 1,700 men's and women's head coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers approximately 100 regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 college varsity student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is www.itatennis.com.